The purpose of CRC is to preserve, protect, maintain and enhance the environmental, aesthetic, recreational and economic values and to promote watershed management of the Congamond Lakes and to provide education with respect thereto.
- Encourage community involvement through volunteerism
- Promote educational initiatives.
- Promote excellence in water quality standards.
- Promote sound watershed ecology.
- Promote the control of nuisance aquatic species.
- Promote water and boating safety.
- Interface with local, state and federal governmental bodies to facilitate financial support and to encourage continual process improvements in environmental regulations pertaining to lake management.
- Provide a unified voice for the benefit of the Congamond Lakes.
Amended 2007 to elect officers in October, reformatted
CRC is registered with, and has received a Certificate of Appreciation from, the Federal Environmental Protection Agency in recognition of our commitment to the protection and restoration of the nations water source.
CRC has three times won the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Green Circle Award.
CRC has testified to the Ct. legislature in support of funding to help clean up the lakes.
CRC is a member of COLAP (Mass. Congress of Lakes and Ponds), LAPA West (Lakes & Ponds Association of Western Mass.) and the Berkshire Regional Planning Commission.
CRC is a member of the Southwick Association of Businesses and the Suffield Chamber of Commerce.
We meet a few times each year. Currently we meet at Crabby Joe's, Southwick, MA, starting at 7:30 PM. We use these "open" meetings as a forum for people to come and express their concerns about the lake, ask questions about what is being done to improve the lake, and receive information about what they, and others, can do to help. We invite anyone and everyone interested in the well being of Lake Congamond to stop by and see whats going on. Hope to see you there. Come get involved.